In this position you will support Wayzata Public Schools’ communications to internal and external stakeholders though the use of effective print, broadcast and electronic communication. Develop and implement district-wide communications strategies and tactics, including execution of specific programs for internal and external school district audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Develop, manage and provide innovative leadership on the district’s website and Intranet site.
- Update, post and create content for the district’s website and Intranet site, providing assistance and training to school and program staff and assuring the website is ADA compliant.
- Coordinate the district’s social media strategy and implementation.
- Coordinate use of electronic notification systems.
- Develop specific project communication plans including production schedules and budget estimates.
- Maintain excellent relationships with students, administrators, teachers, other staff, parents and community members for the purpose of serving as a communications liaison for schools and programs.
- Manage multiple projects with various deadlines effectively.
- Write for a variety of audiences and purposes including a community newsletter, staff newsletter, district website, marketing materials, news releases and other print materials.
- Edit and proofread print materials for accuracy, consistency, clarity and style.
- Coordinate production of print materials generated by the communications office.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of public relations initiatives.
- Photograph district events and activities for use in district materials.
- Assist with the media relations and special events.
- Be available before and after regular work hours to assist with urgent and emergency communications.
- Other duties assigned or apparent.
- College degree in related area required.
- Preferred three-five years of professional level experience with increasing levels of responsibility in strategic communications, marketing or public relations
Apply online at www.wayzataschools.org