Overview of Assignment:
To educate, lead and motivate students in a classroom environment which fosters learning and personal growth.
VANTAGE is Minnetonka’s professional immersion program held four miles from Minnetonka High School. The Business Teacher will split time between the two locations. Teachers at VANTAGE work in a highly collaborative environment and co-teach in the classroom. Applicant must be comfortable with helping to develop business partners and interacting with outside stakeholders.
Minnesota 5-12 Business
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the District approved curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
2. Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
3. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
4. Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records in a timely fashion prepares progress reports.
5. Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
6. Communicates regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of Schoology, newsletters, phone calls, e-mails, conferences, etc.
7. Works in a supportive and collaborative manner with colleagues and supervisors.
8. Maintains and improves professional skills by participating in building and department meetings, formal coursework, workshops, and seminars in an effort to stay current with best teaching practices.
9. Participates in a professional learning community on a regular basis.
10. Integration of technology into instruction.
11. Maintains a professional day, as defined by building/and contract.
12. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
1. Collaborative work in a fast-paced environment interacting with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community with multiple requests and concerns.
2. Co-teach with other licensed teachers, integratig content and sharing classroom responsibilities.
3. Develop business partner relationships with gues instructors, mentors, project sponsors and site visit hosts.
4. Coach student teams working on projects with outside project sponsors.
5. Support and communicate with other administrators and staff.
6. Respond in emergency situations.
7. Know, interpret, and follow school District policies.
8. May plan and coordinate the work of paraprofessionals and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
9. May provide input to the goal-setting process for paraprofessionals.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate skills in performing daily routines.
2. Demonstrated ability to operate a computer, software and necessary classroom technology.
3. Ability to develop effective and positive working relationships with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community.
4. Maintain professional composure while dealing with a variety of personalities and situations.
5. Show initiative and function as a self-starter.
6. Effectively communicate and have interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Dr. Michael Cyrus, Executive Director of Human Resources
Jeff Erickson, Principal
Please upload a letter of interest, resume, 3 letters of professional recommendation, transcripts and Minnesota Teacher license information with your online application.
Current Employees, please fill out the Internal Application form found on the district website under “District” then “Departments-Human Resources” click “Submit an Internal Application/Transfer Form” found on the right side of the page. Current employees do not need to attach letters of recommendation or transcripts.