1. Minnesota K-6 or 1-6 Elementary Education Teaching License or must qualify for a Minnesota teaching license.
2. Native or near native fluency in Mandarin Chinese. (we use the InterviewIQ language assessment tool and require a “Superior” rating under the ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrate native or near native fluency in Mandarin Chinese. (“Superior” rating under the ACTFL Proficiency Guildelines).
2. Demonstrate English Language proficiency to allow communication with parents.
3. Demonstrate successful experience in Total Physical Response (TPR) methdology for teaching in an immersion program.
4. Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provide individualized and small group instruction to adapt the District approved curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
5. Translate lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
6. Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
7. Evaluate pupils’ academic and social growth, keep appropriate records in a timely fashion prepare progress reports.
8. Identify pupil needs and make appropriate referrals and develop strategies for individual education plans.
9. Communicate regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of Schoology, newsletters, phone calls, e-mails, conferences, etc.
10. Work in a supportive and collaborative manner with colleagues and supervisors.
11. Maintain and improve professional skills by participating in building and department meetings, PLC’s, formal coursework, workshops, and seminars in an effort to stay current with best teaching practices.
12. Integration of technology into instruction.
13. Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
1. Collaborative work in a fast-paced environment interacting with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community with multiple requests and concerns.
2. Support and communicate with other administrators and staff.
3. Respond in emergency situations.
4. Know, interpret, and follow school District policies.
5. May plan and coordinate the work of paraprofessionals and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
6. May provide input to the goal-setting process for paraprofessionals.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Demonstrated successful experience in an immersion program preferred.
2. Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate skills in performing daily routines.
3. Demonstrated ability to operate a computer, software and necessary classroom technology.
4. Ability to develop effective and positive working relationships with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community.
5. Maintain professional composure while dealing with a variety of personalities and situations.
6. Show initiative and function as a self-starter.
7. Effectively communicate and have interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Dr. Michael Cyrus, Executive Director of Human Resources
Joe Wacker, Principal
Please upload a letter of interest, resume, 3 letters of professional recommendation, transcripts and Minnesota Teacher license information with your online application.
Current Employees, please fill out the Internal Application form found on the district website under “District” then “Departments-Human Resources” click “Submit an Internal Application/Transfer Form” found on the right side of the page. Current employees do not need to attach letters of recommendation or transcripts.