1. Licensure from the Minnesota Department of Health in Occupational Therapy
2. National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy
This position services three (3) buildings: Clear Spring Elementary, Excelsior Elementary and Minnetonka High School
Job Duties and Requirements:
1. Provide consultation and direct instruction for identified student’s birth through grade 12 within their educational setting(s).
2. Serve as an occupational therapist in the assessment and identification of children with potential developmental delays.
3. Participate in IEP/IFSP/IIIP development and program planning for students on caseload.
4. Participate as a member of the special education team to evaluate current services and plan for future needs.
5. Serve as a resource and liaison to parents and educators working with outside agencies.
6. Conduct personal conferences with parents.
7. Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a team in homebased, centerbased, and inclusion settings.
8. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
1. May provide work direction to paraprofessionals serving children on caseload.
2. Knowledge of IEP/IFSP/IIIP development and due process.
3. Knowledge of professional resources.
4. Evidence of strong assessment and consultation skills.
5. Demonstrated knowledge in using a variety of behavior management strategies.
6. Experience working with children and their families with identified special education needs, including down syndrome, autism spectrum disorder, and significant motor impairments.
7. Experience in working with children in the areas of oral-motor; feeding; fine motor skills as well as experience working with children with sensory needs.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate skills in performing daily routines.
2. Demonstrated ability to operate a computer, software and necessary technology.
3. Ability to develop effective and positive working relationships with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community.
4. Maintain professional composure while dealing with a variety of personalities and situations.
5. Show initiative and function as a self-starter.
6. Evidence of strong written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Dr. Michael Cyrus, Executive Director of Human Resources
Christine Breen, Executive Director of Special Education
Angie Kleinedler, Coordinator of ECSE and Screening
Please upload a letter of interest, resume, 3 letters of professional recommendation, transcripts and Minnesota Teacher license information with your online application.
Current Employees, please fill out the Internal Application form found on the district website under “District” then “Departments-Human Resources” click “Submit an Internal Application/Transfer Form” found on the right side of the page. Current employees do not need to attach letters of recommendation or transcripts.