Minnesota PreK-12 School Psychologist
Master’s degree required
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Administer, evaluate and interpret results of individual assessment instruments/procedures that measure learning ability and social, emotional, and behavior development; supervise usage
of such instruments and procedures in the school district.
2. Review data on pupils referred to school problem solving team. Provide interventions and supports prior to referral for special education assessment.
3. Conduct personal conferences with parents.
4. Recommend, develop, and maintain procedures for operation of School Psychological Services implemented through individual case service.
5. Work with other school personnel in securing support from community resources in assisting pupils and their parents.
6. Provide pupil counseling and other case services within the limits of time available.
7. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
1. Participate as assigned in district research projects, curriculum studies and pupil personnel service projects.
2. Recommend to the Executive Director of Student Support Services on matters that will improve school psychological services.
3. Attend state, regional, national and area professional conferences related to school psychological services.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Has demonstrated knowledge in using a variety of behavior management strategies.
2. Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate skills in performing daily routines.
3. Demonstrated ability to operate a computer, software and necessary technology.
4. Ability to develop effective and positive working relationships with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community.
5. Maintain professional composure while dealing with a variety of personalities and situations.
6. Show initiative and function as a self-starter.
7. Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Christine Breen, Executive Director of Special Education
Dr. Michael Cyrus, Executive Director of Human Resources
Freya Schirmacher, Principal
Please upload a letter of interest, resume, 3 letters of professional recommendation, transcripts and Minnesota Teacher license information with your online application.
Current Employees, please fill out the Internal Application form found on the district website under “District” then “Departments-Human Resources” click “Submit an Internal Application/Transfer Form” found on the right side of the page. Current employees do not need to attach letters of recommendation or transcripts.