- Current Minnesota K-12 Special Education Teacher License (ABS, ASD, EBD, LD, DD, MSMH or MMMH)
- Work Experience license (preferred)
- Director of Special Education or Principal Licensure (preferred)
Job Duties and Requirements:
- Provides leadership for the Transition Special Education teacher team and designated related services staff.
- Coordinates, monitors, and evaluates transition program development and execution in conjunction with the Executive Director of Special Education.
- Provides assistance to the Executive Director of Special Education around program expenditures and all other duties as assigned.
- Represents the District on Transition age activities provided by the MDE or other groups; attends area and regional meetings pertaining to Transition and designated related service activities.
- Interprets and monitors the criteria for transition eligibility.
- Develops alternative service options for identified students with special education needs.
- Coordinates, monitors, and evaluates the system for student data collection for the purposes of state and federal reporting and shares with Executive Director of Special Education.
- Coordinates Transition outreach activities.
- Provides work direction to Transition Program Secretary and paraprofessionals.
- Assists the Executive Director of Special Education with policy statements and procedures regarding Transition Services.
- Secure suitable worksites for students in the community and oversee the recruitment and training of community/business mentors.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Coordinate and conduct transition meetings for students from high school to transition.
- Coordinates due process requirements for transition age students.
- Communicates with the Executive Director of Special Education regarding program needs or concerns.
- Conducts Transition Program team meetings and related services department meetings.
- Facilitates parent interviews and planning conferences.
- Monitors IEP goals and objectives for students.
- Develops plans to evaluate student services.
- Represents the District at all out-of-district placed student conferences.
- Assists Executive Director of Special Education in the development of contractual arrangements.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Has previous experience teaming with special and regular education staff.
- Has demonstrated knowledge in using a variety of behavior management strategies.
- Evidence of positive communication skills and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate skills in performing daily routines.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a computer, software and necessary classroom technology.
- Ability to develop effective and positive working relationships with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community.
- Maintain professional composure while dealing with a variety of personalities and situations.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Show initiative and function as a self-starter.
Dr. Michael Cyrus, Executive Director of Human Resources
Christine Breen, Executive Director of Special Education
Please upload a letter of interest, resume, 3 letters of professional recommendation, transcripts and Minnesota Teacher license information with your online application.
Current Employees, please fill out the Internal Application form found on the district website under “District” then “Departments-Human Resources” click “Submit an Internal Application/Transfer Form” found on the right side of the page. Current employees do not need to attach letters of recommendation or transcripts.