License and Education Required:
1. Minnesota PreK-12 Speech Language Pathologist license required.
2. Masters Degree in Communication Disorders required.
Job Duties and Requirements:
1. Identify students with speech and/or language needs and provide programming based on Individual Education Plans.
2. Complete required due process procedures within mandated timeframes to include evaluations and Individual Education Plans.
3. Develop and implement pre-ferral interviews for pupils referred for speech and language assessment to assist in establishing a need and possible services.
4. Conduct personal conferences with parents.
5. Collection and submission of data as required for third party reimbursement.
6. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
1. Collaborative work in a fast-paced environment interacting with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community with multiple requests and concerns.
2. Support and communicate with other administrators and staff.
3. Respond in emergency situations.
4. Know, interpret, and follow school District policies.
5. May plan and coordinate the work of paraprofessionals and volunteers in the classroom.
6. May provide input to the goal-setting process for paraprofessionals.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Knowledge in appropriate assessment procedures and tools
2. Knowledgeable in research based remediation procedures for speech and/or language disabilities.
3. Able to analyze assessment data and make appropriate recommendations.
4. Demonstrated ability to operate a computer, software and necessary classroom technology.
5. Ability to develop effective and positive working relationships with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community.
6. Maintain professional composure while dealing with a variety of personalities and situations.
7. Show initiative and function as a self-starter.
8. Evidence of good written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Dr. Michael Cyrus, Executive Director of Human Resources
Christine Breen, Executive Director of Special Education
Angie Kleinedler, ECSE Coordinator
Please upload a letter of interest, resume, 3 letters of professional recommendation, transcripts and Minnesota Teacher license information with your online application.
Current Employees, please fill out the Internal Application form found on the district website under “District” then “Departments-Human Resources” click “Submit an Internal Application/Transfer Form” found on the right side of the page. Current employees do not need to attach letters of recommendation or transcripts.