Minnesota K-12 Reading
Wilson Reading Level 2 Certified
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans instruction and other student support activities, including the establishment of overall goals and priorities for individual students.
2. Provides direct, small group instruction to students in a manner which incorporates best practices and evidence-based interventions.
3. Provides ongoing progress monitoring of student achievement and records data.
4. Reviews, selects and modifies materials and resources consistent with instructional objectives.
5. Assist classroom teachers in providing appropriate and specialized instructional materials and/or services for students who qualify for Wilon Reading Level 2.
6. Provides structure and consistency in the learning environment and encourages student responsibility, cooperation and mutual respect.
7. Communicates regularly with parents and participates in parent/teacher conferences.
8. Collaborates with other professional staff regarding the needs of students.
9. Administers student assessments and evaluates results.
10. Maintains and improves professional skills by participating in building and department meetings, formal coursework, workshops, and seminars in an effort to stay current with best teaching practices.
11. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
1. Collaborative work in a fast-paced environment interacting with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community with multiple requests and concerns.
2. Support and communicate with other administrators and staff.
3. Respond in emergency situations.
4. Know, interpret, and follow school District policies.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate skills in performing daily routines.
2. Demonstrated ability to operate a computer, software and necessary classroom technology.
3. Ability to develop effective and positive working relationships with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community.
4. Maintain professional composure while dealing with a variety of personalities and situations.
5. Show initiative and function as a self-starter.
6. Effectively communicate and have interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Dr. Michael Cyrus, Executive Director of Human Resources
Christine Breen, Executive Director of Special Education
Pete Dymit, Principal
Please upload a letter of interest, resume, 3 letters of professional recommendation, transcripts and Minnesota Teacher license information with your online application.
Current Employees, please fill out the Internal Application form found on the district website under “District” then “Departments-Human Resources” click “Submit an Internal Application/Transfer Form” found on the right side of the page. Current employees do not need to attach letters of recommendation or transcripts.