FTE 0.5, 1 Year Only (2022-23)
For the 2022-2023 school year, the placement will be at Central Middle School
Wayzata Public Schools is currently seeking a Special Education teacher with the ability, skills, and training necessary to work with a broad array of students with disabilities in a cross-categorical model, such that they can receive an appropriate education program in their neighborhood school.
- Special Education Licensure required for working with students in Federal Setting 1-3.
- Multiple licensure preferred.
- ABS Preferred
- Ability to design and implement specially designed instruction tailored to meet the unique needs of students requiring special education services.
- Experience and willingness to work on general education teams and provide collaborative special education services with general education teachers is required.
- Ability to collaborate with paraprofessionals and to effectively direct the work delegated to them.
- Interest in and ability to relate well to elementary students.
- Experience with evaluation and eligibility determination for special education services preferred.
- Apply online at http://www.wayzataschools.org/apply.
- Internal Applicants must complete the internal application located on the website under application process.
This position is open and active as of August 17, 2022, until filled.