Spanish Immersion School 2nd Grade Homeroom Teacher
Welcome to Spring Lake Park Schools and Woodcrest Spanish Immersion School! We are a vibrant school community serving about 6,200 students from the suburbs of Blaine, Fridley and Spring Lake Park, in the northern Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Our district purpose — “High expectations, high achievement for all. No excuses” – provides our focus to meet the unique and varied needs of each student.
Spring Lake Park Schools and Woodcrest Spanish Immersion school are recognized for our commitment to language acquisition, personalized learning, creating a culture of innovation and creativity through human-centered design thinking. We are working to create a system – a culture with a methodology and set of processes – where teachers and staff have the freedom, flexibility and invitation to design new ways of learning centered around deepening student engagement to continuously improve student success.
The successful candidate will be an individual who:
· partners well with others across language and culture
· has experience with and interested in language acquisition
· has a strong desire to work with K-6 school students
· Want to work in multi-lingual and multi-cultural school community
· be familiar with assessment for learning practices as well as how to provide appropriate interventions for students
· has the ability to collaborate with their colleagues to discuss instruction and assessment to meet the needs of the students
· possess a sense of responsibility for the learning of all of the students
· has experience with technology strongly desired
… firmly believes:
· the bilingual education prepares learners to succeed in a globally competitive society
· all students can and will learn, and that their learning can be directly influenced by focusing on factors over which we have control;
· in the need to work interdependently with teachers, school, and district leaders throughout the system, aligning the work of adults around improving student learning by meeting the needs, interests, and aspirations of students;
· in the need to work in partnership with staff to continuously improve practices to enhance student and family engagement, creating the conditions for equity, excellence and student success; and
· in personalizing learning for students, meeting academic, social, and emotional needs and aspirations so that each student feels valued and has a sense of belonging, leading to academic success
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
· teaching students in the area of Language Arts in a bi-lingual school with a target language of Spanish
· assessing student learning and developing responses to learning
· reporting and communicating to parents and families
· engaging in professional development.
Academic Fluency in Spanish and bilingualism/biliteracy in English and Spanish highly prefrenced. Additionally, we strongly prefer candidates who have exhibited excellence in collaboration with colleagues and an enthusiasm to work with students. These candidates will work to leverage and actively honor home languages and cultures, to build global awareness and competence, and to provide equitable access and experiences for each learner. Preferred candidates will also have a demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning as evidenced by graduate-level work or an earned degree, as well as participation in professional organization conferences or seminars related to the content area.
The successful candidate must have earned a B.A. or B.S. degree and current Minnesota State Licensure in Elementary Education. Additional demonstrated qualifications include: commitment to the equitable education of all students; creative planning and organizational skills, and highly effective interpersonal skills. Previous experience working with elementary age students using differentiation, guided reading, and technology skills preferred. Prefer candidates with experience working with diverse learners in a variety of environments and settings.
Current Minnesota elementary K-6, 1-6 license or eligibility is required.
Highly competitive salary and benefit package for the region
How to Apply
Position will remain open until filled.
Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/default.aspx
Only qualified and appropriately licensed individuals will be considered for an interview.
With inquiries, please contact Woodcrest Spanish Immersion Principal, Jaime Nymann, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 763.600.5801
Equity is a priority for Spring Lake Park Schools and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. Spring Lake Park Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.