The Austin High School Activities department is currently looking for 9th grade Boys basketball coaches. These position will be responsible for the administration, coaching and supervision of various levels of our boys basketball program including:
9th Grade Boys Basketball Coach
In conjunction with the head boys basketball coach, the general duties and expectations for this position are:
– Has a strong knowledge of and background in coaching and teaching basketball
– Has strong communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, parents, community members and students.
– Assist the head coach as delegated in matters pertaining to the organization and administration of coaching the boys basketball team
– Understanding of and agreement with the Austin Public School District’s Student Activity and Athletic Code and the Coaches/Advisors Handbook.
– Assist in planning, organizing and supervising summer camps and team competitions
– Model the pillars of Character Counts and promote good sportsmanship as the players Pursue Victory with Honor.
– Enforce all rules of the Minnesota State High School League and Austin Public Schools as they pertain to boys basketball
– Perform other duties as assigned.