Activity Assistant – Preschool SAFARI
Hillcrest Elementary, Normandale Hills Elementary, Poplar Bridge Elementary or Westwood Elementary
Hours will vary 2.75 hours-7 hours per day depending on shift
5 days per week
Previous child care experience
- Records incidents requiring discipline, first aid, restraint or other child/family
concerns and communicates these to Youth and Family Coordinator (YFC).
- Follows building rules including emergency/safety/health code procedures.
- Communicates snack and supply requests to the Youth and Family Coordinator.
- Provides a nurturing, safe and positive preschool environment and assists the
instructors to help children develop kindergarten readiness skills.
- Interacts with children individually and in group activities.
- Makes consistent decisions regarding appropriate behavior.
- Explains and enforces rules and limits to children.
- Greets children and parents upon arrival and departure.
- Handles recurring behavior problems and discusses situation.
- Assists children during breakfast and lunch. Sets up and serves snack.
- Assists instructors with implementation and follow through of behavior plans.
- Assist with group control.
- Implements necessary accommodations for students with special needs.
- Leads children through smooth program transitions.
- Maintains current certification in CPI, CPR and First Aid.
- Assists with activity preparation, set up and clean up.
Leadership and Team Building
- Acquires minimum in-service hours required.
- Responsible for encouraging positive Preschool SAFARI team climate.
- Shares positive feedback and developmental concerns with parents.
- Brings recurring problems to the attention of the Youth and Family Coordinator.
- Interacts positively and appropriately with parents, building staff, program staff,
youth, community members, district staff, etc.
- Meets regularly with Preschool Teacher and keeps informed of program operations.
- Discusses serious behavior concerns with instructor.
- Communicates program/policy information to parents.
- Maintains program integrity by keeping information confidential.
- Provide guidance to substitute staff.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
Submit online application, cover letter and resume by clickin on the “Apply” button in the top right