SouthWest Metro Intermediate District #288 has an opening for an Adult Education Teacher beginning immediately.
SouthWest Metro serves students in 11 member districts and 6 associate member districts across the southwestern Twin Cities metropolitan area with programs in Special Education, Career and Technical Education, Care & Treatment, Adult Education, and Alternative Education. We invite you to embrace your own value, potential, and ability at SouthWest Metro, while empowering others to discover theirs. We work to empower ALL learners to realize their self-worth through personalized educational instruction, connection to resources, and access to a supportive learning environment.
Adult Education Teacher. GED Prep, Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and Level 2 English Language Instruction 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. with prep hours included. This position can be filled as full time, or part time either for morning or evening. Please note your preference when applying. This position is located at the Family Learning Center in Chaska, MN.
Provide instruction to adult learners in the content area. Responsibilities include lesson planning and instruction, conducting ongoing assessment, monitoring student attendance, collaborating with other staff, and keeping student records.
- Experience working with multicultural populations and English language learners preferred.
- Minnesota Teaching License in English Language Learners K-12 required.
- Experience with multiple instructional designs and differentiated instruction.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Ability to build successful relationships with students and staff.
- Effective communication skills and ability to collaborate with teams.
Apply Online at swmetro.k12.mn.us/employment_opportunities
Pay & Benefits:
Competitive and comprehensive benefit package available.
Applications will be reviewed beginning immediately until the position is filled. Those selected for interviews will be contacted.