Posting # 3847
Location: Family Center
Dates: Follows August – June calendar
Schedule: Monday – Friday; 1:30pm – 6:00pm
Pay: $18.41 – $21.48.per hour dependent upon service
Questions regarding this position should be directed to Jodi Gadient, Community Education Coordinator, 763-528-4512 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested applicants should complete the online application at www.colheights.k12.mn.us
Interviews will be scheduled at the request of the School District.
Major Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Adventure Club Coordinator and/or Community Education Director, the Adventure Club Supervisor is responsible for providing a safe, healthy, creative and caring environment for school aged children in a program in which students can grow and develop.
CPR and First Aid – Must meet all Department of Human Services hiring requirements including a Federal Background Study.
- Minimum of one year of college education in the fields of Elementary Education, Child Development, Recreation, or Fine Arts AND one year paid experience working with children kindergarten-6th grade in a recreational program OR
- Two years of relevant supervised volunteer experience in a group setting such as tutoring or summer camps.
- Successful experience working with elementary age children in a group setting.
- Experience in staff supervision, training, and curriculum development preferred.
- Demonstrated competence in the guidance of all children regardless of ability or special needs
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Flexible hours required for field trips and school release days