HS Agriculture Teacher, grades 7-12 @ Lester Prairie Schools
Start Date: 2018-19 School Year
Closing Date: Until Filled
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the District approved curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
2. Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
3. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
4. Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records in a timely fashion prepares progress reports.
5. Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
6. Maintains a professional day, as defined by building/and contract.
7. Communicates regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of newsletters, phone calls, e-mails, conferences, etc.. Works in a supportive and collaborative manner with colleagues and supervisors.
9. Maintains and improves professional skills by participating in building and department meetings, formal coursework, workshops, and seminars in an effort to stay current with best teaching practices.
10. Participates in a professional learning community on a regular basis.
11. Integration of technology into instruction.
12. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
1. Collaborative work in a fast-paced environment interacting with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community with multiple requests and concerns.
2. Support and communicate with other administrators and staff.
3. Respond in emergency situations.
4. Know, interpret, and follow school District policies.
5. May plan and coordinate the work of paraprofessionals and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
6. May provide input to the goal-setting process for paraprofessionals.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate skills in performing daily routines.
2. Demonstrated ability to operate a computer, software and necessary classroom technology.
3. Ability to develop effective and positive working relationships with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community.
4. Maintain professional composure while dealing with a variety of personalities and situations.
5. Show initiative and function as a self-starter.
6. Effectively communicate and have interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Head and Assistant Coaching Positions also available.
Valid MN licensure is required. Salary and benefits per the teachers master agreement.
Applicants should visit the Lester Prairie Website at www.lp.k12.mn.us and submit their application online, including a letter of interest, personal resume, copy of teaching license, letters of reference, and college transcript.
Application deadline: Until Filled
Please contact K-12 Principal Nathaniel Boyer at 320-395-3011 or 320-510-2329 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries about the positions.