The Austin High School Activities department is currently looking for a lower level boys basketball coach. This position will be responsible for the administration, coaching and supervision of boys basketball, in conjuction with our Head coach:
In conjunction with the head boys basketball coach, the general duties and expectations for this position are:
– Has a strong knowledge of and background in coaching and teaching basketball
– Has strong communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, parents, community members and students.
– Assist the head coach as delegated in matters pertaining to the organization and administration of coaching the boys basketball team
– Understanding of and agreement with the Austin Public School District’s Student Activity and Athletic Code and the Coaches/Advisors Handbook.
– Assist in planning, organizing and supervising summer camps and team competitions.
– Enforce all rules of the Minnesota State High School League and Austin Public Schools as they pertain to boys basketball
– Perform other duties as assigned.