The Brooklyn Center Community School (BCCS) District is seeking applicants to join our coaching staff as an Assistant Girls Basketball Coach (C Squad). BCCS is looking for positive, energetic applicants with a deep belief that every student can learn, and having the commitment and passion to provide these learning opportunities.
BCCS is looking for applicants driven to uphold our Mission: To become a justice-center school community who fuels the unique genius of each student.
BCCS Core Values – Written on a foundation of student voice, our district core values communicate the culture and character of Brooklyn Center Community Schools.
- We demonstrate passion, pride, and perseverance
- We acknowledge and disrupt oppressive systems
- Our diversity fuels learning
- We fiercely lead in justice-centered educated
- We stand front and center
Coaching Season: November 8, 2021 – March 16, 2022
Salary: $4096.00/per season
- Has the ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport is desirable.
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and at the same time must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- Has the organizational skills which go along with coaching students in an educational setting (rosters, schedules, practices, communication, equipment inventory, etc.)
Working Conditions: Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; hear and understand speech at normal levels, outdoors and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly; the physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height and 50 pounds to waist height; and to bend, to stoop, to sit on the floor, to climb stairs, to walk and to reach overhead.
We’re not a community on the fringe, we’re a community moving toward a center. Moving in unison with a shift in cultural expectations. Our voice and achievement will not be disqualified, we’re moving toward a change in history and hearts.
Standing FRONT AND CENTER so we are seen and heard.
Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools: https://www.brooklyncenterschools.org/
Please select this link to apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/brooklyncenterschools/onlineapp/
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.