Position: AVID Tutor
Date of Availability: ASAP – May 21st, 2021
Date Closing: Open Until Filled
Number of Positions: 2
Schedule: 2 days/week (Tuesday & Thursday) 09:00AM – 12:30PM
Wage: $28.75 per session
Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) is a College Readiness System dedicated to preparing all students for college, career, and other postsecondary choices. AVID opens access to these options by providing students with the tools to be successful, so they can take control of their own learning. The program aligns with the goals of the school and students to accelerate and enhance the work that is already happening.
- Enrolled in or a graduate of a technical college or university.
- College students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5, evidenced by college transcript.
- Strong math and English/language arts background, evidence by college transcript.
- Must have a minimum 16 college credit hours.
- Take an active role in developing the academic and personal strengths of students.
- Serve as a role model/mentor to students by being a lifelong learner, setting high expectations, demonstrating academic and personal excellence, and wearing appropriate attire.
- Conduct tutorial sessions in all content areas, including math and writing.
- Conduct mini-lessons in study skills and other aspects of college preparation.
- Determine from a student’s notes and discussions, the concepts that may need to be re-addressed.
- Evaluate student binders, including calendars, class and textbook notes, etc.
- Communicate frequently and honestly with the AVID coordinator/teacher regarding student progress and areas of concern.
- Other duties as assigned.