START: Mid September; but will remain open untill filled.
HOURS: Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Applicant will be trained to use specific teaching methodologies and materials to work with AVID students.
- AVID tutors should be role models of motivated, organized, successful college students who believe that all students will succeed.
- A college age tutor is a great asset but not required.
- Tutors will work in a supportive manner with secondary students.
- They must be willing to meet regularly to discuss student progress and to confer with the teacher about future planning for students.
PREFERENCES: We strongly prefer candidates who have exhibited excellence in collaboration with colleagues and an enthusiasm to work with students. Preferred candidates will also have a demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning.
- Ability to effectively meet school, student, and program needs.
- Ability to follow teacher’s plans and directions, working effectively in collaboration with others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Comfortable in the use of computers and other technology equipment
- Ability to act in a leadership role and independently initiate and follow through on tasks under minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills in working with students.
- Ability to assist with high school academic skills and content
SALARY: per schedule
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at http://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/.
With inquiries, please contact Lisa Switzer firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equity is a priority for Spring Lake Park Schools and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. Spring Lake Park Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.