Avid Tutor (Temporary, Multiple Positions)
Central Middle School
RATE OF PAY:
HOURS PER DAY:
START & ENDING TIME:
T/TH 8:00-10:00 and 12:00-3:45
WORKING DAYS PER YEAR:
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Currently from an area college or university and trained to use specific teaching methodologies and materials to work with AVID students.
· AVID tutors should be excellent role models of motivated, organized, successful college students who believe that the AVID students will succeed, too.
· They should be enrolled at colleges or universities.
· The tutors should represent balanced academic backgrounds, some liberal arts majors, others science or mathematics majors.
· The tutors should be people who will work in a supportive manner with secondary students and will be able to understand the delicate position they will occupy; they are advocates of students, yet ultimately they are responsible to the teacher.
· They must be willing to meet regularly to discuss student progress and to confer with the teacher about future tutorial plans.
This position will remain open for 30 days or until filled; however, applicants are encouraged to submit their applications by the review date, which will begin on October 22, 2020.
APPLY ON-LINE: WWW.EPJOBS.ORG
EDEN PRAIRIE SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Visit our website: Eden Prairie Public Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Eden Prairie Public Schools does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation or age.