Full-time (40 hours/ week) or 2 Part-time (20 hours/ week) Beach and Lifeguard Supervisor(s): Hours will be varied (mostly afternoons/evenings and weekends).
Minimum hourly rate is $17.50.
*Note: Due to the extensive training required for the position, preference will be given to qualified candidates who intend to work in this position for at least 3 years.
1. Oversee beach and lifeguard operations by visiting and inspecting beach sites and communicate daily with the Lifeguard Services Coordinator ,and/or Aquatics Director, and Lead Lifeguards.
2. Conduct and complete ongoing and year-end evaluations of lifeguard performance and beach safety.
3. Assist with lifeguard training courses, recertification classes, waterfront bridge class, onsite training, and weekly lifeguard in-services (Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Certification is preferred).
4. Respond to emergency situations as needed.
5. Assist in developing staff schedules and scheduling substitutes.
6. Provide lifeguarding services as needed.
7. Maintain and update equipment and supplies.
8. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as assigned.
1. Evidence of at least 1 year successful experience as a lifeguard (preferably as a Beach lifeguard) or evidence of successful supervisory experience.
2. Candidate must be at least 18 years old,
3. Current certification in American Red Cross Lifeguard/First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer (1 year of experience on a beach preferred) or able to complete certifications prior to job start date.
4. Willing to obtain certification in American Red Cross Lifeguard/First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer Instructor (LGI).
5. Demonstrated knowledge and skills in water safety surveillance techniques.
6. Demonstrated leadership and public relations skills.
7. Ability to work under minimal supervision.
8. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
9. Evidence of ability to handle multiple tasks.
10. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
11. Evidence of excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.