Provide direct services to identified students to improve social and academic behavior.
II. Major/Essential Functions/Responsibilities
% of Time
Provide direct intervention services to students identified in need of social and academic intervention
- Group students according to need and schedule intervention
- Communicate with parents and classroom teachers
- Use evidence-based practices with intervention groups
- Monitor progress (response) of students in intervention and work with Tier 3 team to adjust programming as needed
Work with Building Principals and Dir. of Curriculum and Instruction (District MTSS coordinator) to ensure:
- Universal screening of all students is completed, recorded, and analyzed
- Student are correctly identified for social and academic intervention
- Students are grouped according to need and provided with appropriate programming
- Student Plans are written and implemented for all Tier 3 students served
- Implementation fidelity and progress monitoring data is gathered to ensure fidelity of implementation and impact of intervention on attendance (overall and at intervention), office referrals, and academic performance
- Serve as member of building MTSS Leadership Team/s and Tier 3 teams
- Attend district trainings and meetings to support cohesive MTSS programming across all buildings
III. Responsibility for Supervision of Others:
IV. Education Required
Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Social Work
V. Experience Required
Minimum 3 years successful teaching or social work experience. Demonstrates organizational, management and communication skills. Experience with behavior management.
VI. Certification/Licensure Required
School Social Worker, School Psychologist or Special Education EBD.
VII. Machines, Tools, Equipment, Electronic Devices, Software Required
Multi-line phone system, copier, computer, printer, facsimile machine and two-way radio. Proficiency required on Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent, administrative software packages and information systems.
VIII. Physical Effort Required
Position requires frequent keyboarding and standing/ walking for extended period of time.
IX. Mental Effort Required
Position requires working with children, parents, and colleagues in a positive, patient and effective manner. Position requires reading/ interpreting procedures/ policies/student data, resolving difficult interpersonal situations and maintaining flexibility.
X. Working Conditions Required
Normal classroom/office conditions.
XI. Standard Measures of Accomplishment
Works cooperatively with colleagues, teachers, parents, support staff and administrators in the best interest of students.
Understands the research base of MTSS/PBIS/RTI and effective social/emotional and behavior interventions and demonstrates this in practice.
Demonstrates respect for the basic dignity of students, colleagues, teachers, support staff and community members.
Communicates effectively with students, colleagues, teachers, support staff, and parents in the performance of professional responsibilities.
Adheres to District/ State and Federal policies, rules, mandates, procedures and assignments.
Upholds the ethical standards of the profession.
Shares the responsibility with other employees for supporting and promoting the educational goals of the district.