Welcome to Spring Lake Park Schools!
We are a vibrant school community serving 6,200 students from the suburbs of Blaine, Fridley, and Spring Lake Park in the northern Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Our district purpose – “High expectations. High achievement for all. No excuses.” – provides our focus to meet the unique and varied needs of each student.
First impressions leave lasting legacy. As a member of the District Services Center front office team, you will provide service to our families that makes them say “I love Spring Lake Park Schools.” The Family Support Specialist is often the first point of contact for our families enrolling or inquiring about the Spring Lake Park Schools. Each call, each guest visit, each question we get to answer offers us the opportunity to exceed expectations and welcome families into the Spring Lake Park Schools community. This position is perfect for an individual who loves to serve others, enjoys working in a fast paced environment and wants to make a difference for our students and families.
As a front office team member, no two days will likely look the same, however here are some of the essential roles of this position.
- Greet and assist visitors at the District Services Center
- Enthusiastically answer the District Services Center main phone line and provide exceptional service to the diverse and variety of calls to the main district line
- Manage and execute the District’s enrollment work flow with attention to detail and accuracy, material distribution, reporting functions and record keeping
- Support and assist enrollment strategy tasks and priorities, including participation at enrollment events and functions
- Provide a welcoming, timely and highly informed enrollment process with each new family and student
- Complete regular system scans to identify areas of improvement
- Evaluate situations for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution
- Prioritize tasks, monitor own progress and meet timelines while managing frequent interruptions
- Support departments such as Community Education, Technology, Athletics & Activities with basic registration and payment services
- Support staff with translation needs for written documents and in-person needs as they arise
This is a full-time, year-round position at the District Services Center.
Qualifications: Bilingual candidate required. Candidate must be able to handle confidential information. Candidate must have excellent communication and customer service skills. Personal skills must include a professional, friendly, positive, and cooperative work style and the ability to work with many types of people in different circumstances.
Previous clerical experience or experience working in a school preferred. Previous customer service experience is required. As well as an above average word processing keyboarding and other clerical skills. Extensive background in computer applications including, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, the Internet.
Working Conditions: Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30PM, Salary per Clerical Salary Schedule – Group II. Assignment is in an office in a fast paced environment often with a lot of interruptions.
Application Procedure: Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at http://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/.
Selection Procedure: Applications will be reviewed as received and qualified candidates will be interviewed until the position is filled. Questions: Colleen Pederson, Director of Community Education, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Equity is one of Spring Lake Park Schools’ core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce gives us a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. Spring Lake Park Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability or status with regard to public assistance.
Spring Lake Park Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.