Job Description: High School Life Science/Biology Teacher
Licensure: 5-8 General Science (preferred); 9-12 license in Life Science/Biology Teacher
Purpose of Job:
To support the vision and mission of St. James Public Schools by planning, preparing, implementing, monitoring, instructing, and immersing students in the studies of Life Science/Biology Teacher.
MN teaching license in Biology and/or Life Science.
Experience with multiple instructional designs and differentiated instruction.
Strong classroom management skills.
Effective communication skills.
Ability to build successful relationships with students, parents and staff.
1. Demonstrate knowledge of subject matter through effective teaching practices, with expectations of high student achievement.
2. Assess student progress, modify instruction, and improve student learning.
3. Communicate and collaborate with parents and school community for the purpose of fostering individual student success and growth while engaging the families.
4. Focus on improving instructional practice and student learning by participating in professional learning communities, showing professionalism, and growing professionally.
5. Plan, organize, and teach competency-based science courses.
6. Foster and manage a safe, positive, and respectful learning environment for the purpose of promoting effective student behavior and success.
7. Demonstrate effective classroom and equipment management.
8. Implement and comply with District policies and procedures.
9. Perform appropriate tasks as designated by the principal in relation to the responsibilities listed above.