Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, student contact days and hours
Start Date: 9/8/2021
Benefits: There are no benefits available for substitute positions
- Current MN teaching or substitute teaching license
- Ability to work with a diverse population of students
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated flexibility
Building substitutes work in one building on a daily basis provide continuity of student instruction, maintain the safety of students in a respectful environment, and work collaboratively with district staff. The building substitute will primarily cover classrooms when a regular substitute teacher is not available and may be asked to cover a classroom in a different building if needed.
- Teach all classes and complete extra duties as assigned.
- Supervise students at all times.
- Complete the lesson plan provided by the teacher.
- Assure that students adhrere to the school and classroom expectations for behavior.
- Model learning and behavior consistent with the expectations for students.
- Report to the classroom teacher about student behavior and progress.
- Create lessons and learning environments that are safe, respectful and interesting as well as multicultural/gender and ability fair/developmentally appropriate.
- Teach students the required curricula using strategies that foster thinking, reasoning and problem solving.
- Facilitate positive interactions between students and teacher, student and peers and student and other adults.
- Other related duties as assigned.