Effective immediately, the Human Resources Department will accept online applications for the position of Building Supervisor at Central Square Community Center. Rate of pay is $14.00, up to 20 hours per week, Monday through Saturday, hours vary.
Application Process: To be considered for a position, submit online application at www.sspps.org. Posting will remain open until positions are filled.
Provide guidance and direction to community education class and activity instructors and participants. Assist participants with class registration. Monitor building activities and ensure security of district facilities and equipment while providing quality customer service to all users.
- Monitor all activities ensuring facility users comply with Community Education facility-use procedures.
- Manage building log in and out procedures.
- Assist building users with access to rooms and provide other general assistance.
- Provide building use directions and other guidance to instructors.
- Ensure equipment and materials are set up and accessible to instructors for scheduled classes and/or activities per facility use request.
- Assist participants with online or in person class registrations.
- Collect class registrations and evaluations from participants.
- Complete and submit accidents, injuries, or equipment damage reports to Community Ed Director.
- Report any suspected building security problems to the Community Ed Director.
- Report mechanical, electrical or other building maintenance issues to the Director of Buildings & Grounds immediately.
- Be visible in the facility by monitoring and patrolling the building areas to prevent damage to the facility and to maintain a safe environment.
- Be a positive role model for respectful behavior and problem solving strategies.
- Adhere to staff and program guidelines and district procedures and policies.
- Demonstrated prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to work and interact with personnel, students and public
- Ability to work with independently and ability to resolve disputes and problems effectively
- Ability to interpret building schedules or permits
- First Aid, CPR, and AED training desired
- Ability to understand and follow data privacy rules and regulations
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with program users, instructors, staff and community members.
- Ability to perform computer functions, including the use of Google apps, email, Internet navigation and Microsoft Office
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.