The Brooklyn Center Community School (BCCS) District is seeking applicants to join our team for the 2020-2021 school year. BCCS is looking for positive, energetic applicants with a deep belief that every student can learn, and having the commitment and passion to provide these learning opportunities.
OUR MISSION: To equip every student with the knowledge, life skills, and global perspectives to contribute to society and respond to the needs of an ever-changing world.
We believe that:
- Relationships thrive when there is mutual respect and trust.
- Honoring each person’s intrinsic value enhances our community.
- Our diverse community strengthens our collective power.
- Caring relationships with high expectations are essential to reaching one’s higher potential.
- Life-long learning is vital for personal fulfillment, opportunity and success.
- Everyone is responsible and accountable for equity.
- Partnerships among students, families, schools and community benefit all.
Job Summary: The Centaur Plus Childcare Assistant is responsible for school aged childcare in the before and after school program, providing the best experience for each student. Responsible for the daily care and instruction of students in the program. Work is performed under the direction of the Childcare Manager.
Hours: Flexible hours between 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. With potential of working until 6:00 p.m. starting in 2021.
Duty Days: Monday – Friday, 12 month, year round position, 261 duty days
- Administer a developmentally and academically appropriate program that meets the social, emotional and behavioral needs of the students.
- Provide supervision to students at all times; serving as a positive role model.
- Assist Supervisor with planning, preparing and implementing activities appropriate for school aged children before and after school.
- Assist supervisor with classroom preparation and maintenance, including set up, keeping tables, floors and other surfaces clean and maintaining order in classroom and shared areas.
- Maintain a positive atmosphere of caring for all staff and children.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of student learning styles and motivating children to engage in learning.
- Knowledge of school and district rules, regulations and procedures;
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Good judgment and decision making
- Prior experience working with children
- Spanish speaker preferred
- High School Diploma/GED
Why Choose BCCS?
- Health Insurance Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA/VEBA)
- Dental Insurance
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life and Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Full service community school
- Vital Worklife: Supportive counseling and coaching
- Staff Wellness Opportunities: Annual benefits fair, wellness challenges and campaigns, free yoga and personal trainer sessions
- NeoPath Health Clinic: Free, onsite medical care to help you improve your overall health and wellness. The clinic offers all of the primary care services you would expect from a family physician/general practitioner.
We’re not a community on the fringe, we’re a community moving toward a center. Moving in unison with a shift in cultural expectations. Our voice and achievement will not be disqualified, we’re moving toward a change in history and hearts.
Standing FRONT AND CENTER so we are seen and heard.
Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools: https://www.bccs286.org/
Please select this link to apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/brooklyncenterschools/onlineapp/
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.