The Brooklyn Center Community School (BCCS) District is seeking applicants to join our team as a Centaur Plus Childcare Assistant. BCCS is looking for positive, energetic applicants with a deep belief that every student can learn, and having the commitment and passion to provide these learning opportunities. The Centaur Plus Childcare Assistant is responsible for school-aged childcare in the before and after school program, providing the best experience for each student. Responsible for the daily care and instruction of students in the program. Work is performed under the direction of the Childcare Manager.
BCCS is looking for applicants driven to uphold our Mission: To become a justice-center school community who fuels the unique genius of each student.
BCCS Core Values – Written on a foundation of student voice, our district core values communicate the culture and character of Brooklyn Center Community Schools.
We demonstrate passion, pride, and perseverance
We acknowledge and disrupt oppressive systems
Our diversity fuels learning
We fiercely lead in justice-centered educated
We stand front and center
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer a developmentally and academically appropriate program that meets the social, emotional, and behavioral needs of the students.
- Provide supervision to students at all times; serving as a positive role model.
- Assist Supervisor with planning, preparing, and implementing activities appropriate for school-aged children before and after school.
- Assist supervisor with classroom preparation and maintenance, including set up, keeping tables, floors, and other surfaces clean, and maintaining order in classroom and shared areas.
- Maintain a positive atmosphere of caring for all staff and children.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of student learning styles and motivating children to engage in learning
- Knowledge of school and district rules, regulations, and procedures
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Good judgment and decision making
- Prior experience working with children
- Spanish speaker preferred
- High School Diploma/GED
- Background studies are required for people in certain health and human services programs, and for people who work in child care settings, if they provide care or have direct contact with people being served. This position requires a background study by the Minnesota Department of Human Services, as well as mandatory fingerprinting.
Hours: After school hours, 1:00pm – 6:00pm, and flexible hours between 7:00am – 5:30pm on non-school days and summer.
Duty Days: Monday – Friday, 12 months, year-round position, 261 duty days
Why Choose BCCS?
- Health Insurance with option of Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA/VEBA)
- Dental Insurance
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life and Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Full-service community school
- Vital Worklife: Supportive counseling and coaching
- Staff Wellness Opportunities: Annual benefits fair, wellness challenges and campaigns, free yoga and personal trainer sessions
- NeoPath Health Clinic: Free, onsite medical care to help you improve your overall health and wellness. The clinic offers all of the primary care services you would expect from a family physician/general practitioner.
We’re not a community on the fringe, we’re a community moving toward a center. Moving in unison with a shift in cultural expectations. Our voice and achievement will not be disqualified, we’re moving toward a change in history and hearts.
Standing FRONT AND CENTER so we are seen and heard.
Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools: https://www.bccs286.org/
Please select this link to apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/brooklyncenterschools/onlineapp/
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.