Community Education Services Program Student Support Staff
Begins September 12, 2022 through June 2, 2023.
3:30-5:30 pm (may vary depending on program activity)
Location: Elementary Schools
Student Support $11.97 per hour
TITLE: Community Education Services (CES) Program Student Support Staff
1. At least 16 years of age.
2. Ability and interest in relating well with children.
3. Current First Aid and CPR Certification recommended.
4. Must be willing to fulfill all responsibilities in accordance with Community Education Services philosophy and standards.
REPORTS TO: Youth Programs Coordinator
JOB GOALS: To assist in providing well-planned, organized and enriching Community Education Services youth enrichment programming.
- Assist Community Education Services youth program staff, contracted instructors, and Kids’ Company school age care as needed and other school employees with systems and procedures to ensure the safety and positive engagement of students involved in youth enrichment after school classes, camps and programs.
- Assist with greeting and guiding students/families to the locations of the programs they are attending.
- Take attendance and supervise children attending after school enrichment classes and activities.
- Redirect children’s behavior verbally and inform Youth Programs Coordinator immediately if inappropriate behavior continues.
- Provide additional assistance to students that need support to be successful in Community Education Services youth enrichment programs.
- Set up and clean up areas used for Community Education Services youth programs. This may include moving tables and/or chairs on occasion.
- Keep the Youth Programs Coordinator and Community Education Services staff informed of any concerns, activities, accidents or unusual situations.
- Maintain confidentiality of all children and parents/guardians involved in the Community Education Services Programs, as well as when handling customer complaints regarding staff or services.
- Promote and communicate a positive image of the Community Education Services Program to peers, children, participants and their families, school personnel and the public.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:Salary and work year as determined by the board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually.
EVALUATOR: Director of Community Education Services
CREATED: August 17, 2022