SouthWest Metro Intermediate District #288 has an opening for a Child Care Aide/ Substitute at our East Creek Family Center in Chaska, MN.
SouthWest Metro serves students in 11 member districts and 6 associate member districts across the southwestern Twin Cities metropolitan area with programs in Special Education, Career and Technical Education, Care & Treatment, Adult Education, and Alternative Education. We invite you to embrace your own value, potential, and ability at SouthWest Metro, while empowering others to discover theirs. We work to empower ALL learners to realize their self-worth through personalized educational instruction, connection to resources, and access to a supportive learning environment.
Hours of Work:
Shifts are available on weekdays, with the option to work either a 7:00am-3:00pm or 3:00pm-6:00pm shift. Hours will vary based on need.
Duties include supervising and interacting during age appropriate activities, positive/professional communication, teamwork and assisting with maintenance and organization.
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately
- Ability to prepare and maintain classroom materials
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to work independently or in teams
- Experience working in a center-based child care
Pay and Benefits:
- Starting pay is $15.85 per hour, and credit will be given for experience
- This position offers a flexible work schedule!
Applications will be reviewed beginning immediately until the position is filled. Those selected for interviews will be contacted.