Description: The Child Care Worker works with grades K-5 children in Community Education programs.
Hours approximately: 6:30am-9:00am Tuesday-Thursday.
Locations: Rogers, Otsego, Elk River, and Zimmerman Elementary Schools
Starting Wage: $14.34/hour
1. Work with grades K-5 and/or preschool children in Community Education programs. Assist with program duties including indoor and outdoor activities, supervise children, and provide a safe environment.
2. Have age appropriate materials and activities available for those enrolled. Depending on the site and time of day, children can range from infant to approximately age 12.
3. Interact with the children and provide positive behavior reinforcement and guidance.
4. Maintain the rooms, supplies and equipment, including washing toys and tables, maintaining inventory, setting up and taking down tables or equipment, supervising on the playground or in the gym, and light cleaning.
5. Work as a part of a team with other staff members or designated volunteers to maintain a positive and professional work environment.
6. Communicate with the Program Manager, Coordinator, and program staff regarding daily schedule, duties, attendance tracking and related matters so consistency in practice is maintained.
7. Attend required District training in Bloodborne Pathogens and staff development topics, as well as staff meetings throughout the year.
8. Maintain current certification in First Aid/CPR.
9. Other job duties as assigned.
1. Age 16 and older may apply.
2. Valid Minnesota Drivers License and good driving record are required
3. Training and experience related to child development, child guidance, cultural dynamics, communication, and activities is desired.
4. Current First Aid and CPR certification is required
5. Flexibility and the ability to sub for other Child Care Workers or shifts is needed.
Starting Wage: $12.35/hr.
Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Equity is one of ISD728’s core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. ISD728 will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.