Position: Childcare Paraeducator Adventure Connection (AC) – Grant Incentive & Sign On Bonus Eligible*
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday; 7:15-9:30AM
Start Date: ASAP
Pay: Starting pay is $13.09 – $14.34 per hour, dependent on qualifications. This position is eligible for an additional $2.50 per hour, this is in additional to your regular hourly rate based on your total hours worked.
Benefits: Benefits are in accordance with the labor agreement covering Paraeducator – https://www.isd622.org/site/Default.aspx?PageID=329
Summary: The School Age Child Care Paraeducator will assist in the implementation of school age child care programming for children in grades K – 5 by providing supervised activities that address the physical, social, mental, and emotional needs of participants.
- 17 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification in First Aid and CPR
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience in school age care or education
- Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate activities and environment for school age children
- Communicate and maintain good working relationships with school personnel, the Adventure Connection Site Manager, staff, parents, students, and the public
- Set up the Adventure Connection space including pushing/pulling cabinets with toys and activities and ensuring that these materials are accessible to participants
- Supervise, lead, and participate in arts and crafts, games, gym/outdoor activities, and field trips
- Assist in maintaining program records
- Prepare and serve snacks
- Complete light clean-up including wiping down tables and sweeping/mopping small areas
- Understand and follow all District and Adventure Connection policies and guidelines
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings as required
- Open and close the Adventure Connection facilities as required
- Other related duties as assigned
ISD 622 is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.
*The grant incentive pay is temporary and is projected to end June 2023. The contribution of the incentive pay is provided by MDH, it is at their discretion to provide the incentive pay and can end at any time without notice.