Position: Childcare Paraeducator – Adventure Connection (AC)
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday, Between the hours of 6:15-9:30 am
Start Date: September 09, 2022
Pay: $18.25 per hour.
Benefits: Benefits are in accordance with the labor agreement covering Paraeducators – https://www.isd622.org/site/Default.aspx?PageID=329
Summary: The School Age Child Care Paraeducator will assist in the implementation of school age child care programming for children in grades K – 5 by providing supervised activities that address the physical, social, mental, and emotional needs of participants.
- 17 years of age or older
- Ability to become certified in First Aid and CPR
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience in school age care or education
- Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate activities and environment for school age children
- Communicate and maintain good working relationships with school personnel, the Adventure Connection Site Manager, staff, parents, students, and the public
- Set up the Adventure Connection space including pushing/pulling cabinets with toys and activities and ensure that these materials are accessible to participants
- Supervise, lead, and participate in arts and crafts, games, gym/outdoor activities, and field trips
- Assist in maintaining program records
- Prepare and serve snacks
- Complete light clean-up including wiping down tables and sweeping/mopping small areas
- Understand and follow all District and Adventure Connection policies and guidelines
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings as required
- Open and close the Adventure Connection facilities as required
- Other related duties as assigned
ISD 622 is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.