2nd Grade Chinese Immersion teaching assignment
• Must be fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
• Utilize best practices in teaching Minnesota state standards through Mandarin Chinese.
• Plan and facilitate an effective educational learning environment to meet the needs of a diverse community of learners.
• Develop and maintain a program to meet the individual needs of each student in meeting the district’s standards.
• Maintain a safe, positive learning environment.
• Work as a collaborative staff member in planning instructional goals and objectives.
• Evaluate and assess student learning on a regular basis for the purpose of adjusting instruction and measuring student learning.
• Teaches and models the district’s standards for ethical behavior in alignment with the Hopkins District Strategic Plan.
• Is an effective communicator with students, parents, staff and community members.
Must be fluent in Mandarin Chinese. Minnesota elementary (K-6) teaching licensure required. Experience in technology used in distance learning. Preparation and commitment to working effectively with diverse communities of learners; skill in providing for the individual learning needs of students; ability to create positive, inclusive learning environment; skill in using positive, constructive disciplinary approaches; ability to organize and plan for student learning; familiarity with current teaching/ learning theories; skill in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse groups of students, parents, and colleagues; diversity of interests and experiences. Prefer experience working with primary grade elementary students.
Start Date: 04/19/2021
Salary: HEA Salary Schedule
Note: DO NOT send application materials directly to the Principal of the school. Submit your materials in your online application.