Effective immediately, the Human Resources Department will accept online applications for the following positions:
Assistant Coach – Dance Team (two positions)
Effective: Monday, October 24, 2022
Application Process: To be considered for a position, submit online application at www.sspps.org. This posting will remain open until the positions are filled.
For additional information, please contact Chad Sexauer, Assistant Principal/Activities Director, 651-457-9462 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
REPORTS TO: The Activities Director, in conjunction with the Head Coach.
• Has knowledge and background in the assigned activity.
• Proven experience in teaching and modeling character and responsible behavior.
• Positive, high energy, and committed.
• Partners wells with parents, staff, community leaders, etc.
• View success not just as winning; but as helping team members to reach goals.
• Orientation toward continuous improvement.
SUPERVISES: Student participants and assumes a supervisory role over all student participants in program when such control is needed.
JOB GOAL: Carry out the objectives of the program as outlined by the Activities Director, in conjunction with the Head Coach. To instruct student participants in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Has a thorough knowledge of all the policies approved by the South St. Paul Board of Education and is responsible for its implementation by the entire staff of the sport/activity program.
• Has knowledge of the existing system, state and league regulations; implements some consistently.
• Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all student and parent requests or grievances through proper channels. Is aware of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
• Maintains discipline and works to increase morale and cooperation within the school activity program.
• Assists the head coach in scheduling and help in arranging
• Assists in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sport events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times. Coordinates program with maintenance and school employees.
• Provides documentation to the Activities Director to fulfill state and system requirements concerning physical examinations, parental consent and eligibility.
• Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites.
• Provides training rules and any other unique regulations to each student participant.
• By his/her presence at all practices, games and while traveling, provides assistance and guidance to and safeguards for each participant.
• Directs student managers and statisticians on respective teams.
• Determines discipline, delineates procedures concerning due process when the enforcement of discipline is necessary. Contacts the parents when a student is dropped or becomes ineligible.
EQUIPMENT AND FACILITIES:
• Is accountable to the head coach for all equipment. Collects the cost of any equipment lost or not returned. Arranges for issuing and storing of equipment and submits to the head coach an annual inventory and current records concerning same.
• Recommends to the head coach budgetary items for next year in his area of the program.
• Monitors equipment rooms, coaches’ offices and authorizes who may enter.
• Permits the athletes to only be in authorized areas of the building at the appropriate times.
• Examines locker rooms before and after practices and games, checking on general cleanliness of the facility. Responsible for cleanliness and maintenance of specific sport equipment.
• Secures all doors, lights, windows and locks before leaving building if custodians are not on duty.
• Instills in each player a respect for equipment and school property, its care and proper use.
• Assists the head coach in carrying out his responsibilities.
• Makes press releases and school announcements.
• Instructs team members as to changes in the rules and teaches the fundamentals of the sport as outlined by the head coach.
• Maintains a record of team statistics and requirements for lettering. (For both the Activities Director and the head coach.)
• Works within the basic framework and philosophy of the head coach of that sport.
• Attends all staff meetings and carries out scouting assignments as outlined by the head coach.
• Arrives early enough before practice, contests and meetings to adequately prepare and remains long enough afterwards to help players with problems or to become involved in staff discussions.
• Helps in the planning and implementation of both in-season and out-of-season conditioning and weight programs.
• Never criticizes, admonishes or argues with any staff member within ears or eyes of players or parents.
• Strives to improve skills by attending clinics and using resources made available by the Activities Director and head coach.
• Attends most of the contests, when possible, of other teams in the program.
• Performs such other duties that are consistent with the nature of the position and that may be requested by the Activities Director and head coach.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, lift, use hands for fingering, grasping and feeling, wrists, hands and/or fingers for repetitive motions. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, reach, stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to and over 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.