Asst. Cross Country Coach
The Byron High School Cross Country Team is looking for an assistant coach to begin the 2022-2023 school year. The Assistant Cross Country Coach will work closely with the head coach in developing a training plan for Jr High Athletes. The assistant coach has day to day responsibilities in executing the plan, building strong team chemistry, instructing great technique and identifying areas of improvement for each Jr High athlete. On competition day, the assistant coach ensures all Jr High athletes are properly prepared for their respective races. This preparation includes a discussion on course management, race strategy and proper warm-up. The coach will place emphasis on individual player development and growth, along with team cohesiveness, over the length of the season. Practices occur at various school locations.
- Program development, lends support to the activities department, the program, and to the vision and mission of the district.
- Helps direct pre-season meetings with parents, athletes and coaches as well as in-season staff and athlete meetings.
- Experience as a coach or as a participant in the sport.
- Must have sound knowledge and background of the sport they are coaching.
- Must be able to relate to student-athletes in a positive manner and be a good role model.
- Builder of strong, positive relationships with all stakeholder groups.
- High energy, innovative, and an effective communicator.
- Caring role model, excellent knowledge of the sport and skills.
- Believes that all athletes can attain high levels of success. Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all students.
- Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team.
- Possesses a growth-mindset, strong listening skills, and provides athletes opportunities to be involved in the community.
- Fosters team-building and respect while developing players as athletes and individuals.