- Previous coaching experience is desirable.
- Has knowledge and background in the assigned sport.
Responsible to: The head coach, in conjunction with the Activities Director and Principal.
Supervises: Athletes and team assigned to him/her and assumes supervising control over all athletes in program when such control is needed.
Job Goal: To carry out the aims and objectives of the sport program as outlined by the Head Coach. To instruct athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has a thorough knowledge of the Athletic Policies of District #282 and is responsible for their implementation.
- Has knowledge of existing State and League regulations; implement these consistently.
- Maintains discipline and works to increase morale and cooperation within the sports program.
- Assists the head coach in scheduling.
- Assists in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sports events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times. Coordinates program with maintenance and school employees.
- Makes sure all participants have proper forms in the athletic office before they begin practice.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of team equipment.
- Provides game updates and summaries after each event to the athletics director.
- Provide training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete.
- By his/her presence at all practices, games and while traveling, provides assistance and guidance to and safeguards for each participant.
- Completes paper work on all athletic injuries on proper forms and submits to the athletic office within 24 hours (or on Monday following Friday or Saturday contests).
- Determines discipline and contacts parents when a student is dropped or becomes ineligible.
Equipment and Facilities:
- Is accountable to the head coach for all equipment.
- Recommends to the head coach budgetary items for next year.
- Permits athletes to only be in authorized areas of the building at appropriate times.
- Examines locker rooms before and after practice and games, checking on general cleanliness of the facility. Responsible for cleanliness and maintenance of specific sport equipment.
- Secures all doors, lights, and locks before leaving the building if custodians are not on duty.
- Instills in each player a respect for equipment and school property, its care and proper use.
- Ensure proper set-up and upkeep of sports facilities.
- Maintains neat and orderly storage areas.
- Assist the head coach in carrying out his/her responsibilities.
- Responsible for all athletic policies that are applicable to their level of competition.
- Instructs team members as to changes in the rules and teaches fundamentals of the sport as outlined by the head coach.
- Works within the basic framework and philosophy of the head coach of that sport.
- Attends staff meetings and carries out scouting assignments as outlined by the head coach.
- Helps in the planning and implementation of both in-season and out-of-season conditioning and weight programs.
- Strives to improve skills by attending clinics and using resources made available by the head coach.
- Performs other such duties that are consistent with the nature of the position and that may be requested by the head coach.
It is the St. Anthony New Brighton School District’s policy to provide equal education opportunity for all students and to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees. The district does not discriminate in admission, treatment, employment or access to its programs or activities. In addition, the School District does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, parental status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation or age.