Position: Community Education Building Supervisor
Location: Discovery Elementary School
Rate of Pay: According to Schedule
Schedule: 2 days per week/ 3 hours per day /12 months per year
Beginning: 11/04/2020 or As Agreed Upon
Deadline for Applications: 10/30/2020 or Until Filled
The Community Education Building Supervisor is responsible for providing on-site supervision of school facilities during designated hours. The Building Supervisor shall monitor all activity operating in the school and the supervision being provided by leaders of groups or organizations using the facilities. The Building Supervisor shall work in partnership with other district staff, including Community Education Coordinators and Custodians to help make the facilities welcoming, user-friendly and safe for citizens of all ages. The Building Supervisor shall implement, enforce and recommend improvements to district policies and procedures regarding facility use and building safety and security.
- Ensure that all Community Education classes, activities and community events are operating smoothly and efficiently.
- Pick up appropriate materials (i.e. keys, schedules, etc.) from the Community Education office ahead of time.
- Open gates and doors as necessary.
- Prepare any equipment requested and set up for use by the group.
- Direct students and instructors to assigned locations as designated on the permit. Adjust use schedules, assignments and equipment as necessary.
- Make, post and remove directional and informational signs as necessary.
- Check groups as needed for proper authorization to use facility.
- Enforce and hand out the Field Expectation Sheet (sheet included) to each group leader for each of the designated fields that are assisnged. If grounds become dirty, pick up and empty trash into proper receptacles as needed. Return equipment to proper location.
- Return appropriate materials to the Community Education office.
- Lock gates, buildings and other facilities that were used as necessary.
- Report any damaged, lost or missing equipment or property to the Community Education office immediately.
- Make sure all building and district rules and regulations are being complied with by all groups authorized to use school facilities.
- Complete a Field Check Form for each shift worked and turn in to the Community Education office.
- Complete an Incident Report for any injury that occurs on site while on duty and turn in to Community Education office immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Community Education office.
- Reliable and responsible
- Flexible schedule to work evenings and weekend
- Problem solving skills
- Conflict management ability
- Effective Communicator
- Excellent Public relation skills
- Experience working in recreational facilities
Questions about this position should be directed to Program Coordinator, Sheila Johnson at email@example.com.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants interested in this position must complete an application online by visiting our district website at www.bhmschools.org.> District> Employment> Current Openings & Online Application. If you previously applied with BHM Schools and wish to update your application materials, login to AppliTrack and select ‘edit.’ If you need technical support please visit applitrack.com/apphelp for answers to frequently asked application questions or ‘submit a request‘ to AppliTrack for assistance with your application.