Thank you for your interest in Fridley Public Schools, an International Baccalaureate (IB) World Schools district. We are the only school district in Minnesota and one of few in the U.S. that offers the full IB Continuum to students in pre-K to grade 12. As a world class community of learners, Fridley Public Schools aims to develop internationally minded students. We challenge ourselves, our students, and our community to become caring and knowledgeable life-long learners who inquire and take action to create a better world.
Our mission is to guide students in the development of learning skills to help them reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will be an individual who firmly believes …
- In the value of diversity and inclusion in enriching the educational experience of all students.
- All students feel valued and have a sense of belonging.
- All learners have the right to a quality education.
- All learners have the ability to learn and attain self-fulfillment.
- All learners need the strategies and tools necessary to strive toward becoming responsible, independent and productive members of society.
Job: Principal of Alternative Services
Job Summary: Serves as line officer between Superintendent and building staff.Leads and manages all programs, services, staff, and students in the school. Operates as a transformational equity leader and champions transformational equity growth in staff. Responsible to make decisions that promote effective staff work, understanding of student needs, quality curriculum and learner outcomes, and use of best teaching practices to improve learning.
FTE: 1.0, position begins June 14, 2021
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with the superintendent, staff, students, parents, and community members.
- Demonstrated experience in driving, promoting and valuing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to staff in support of work to: implement rigorous instructional practices, close learning gaps, and develop effective interventions to meet the needs of their diverse learners.
- Ability to provide leadership in the development, analysis, evaluation, and improvement of the educational and operational functions of the site.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and evaluates school goals and plans which coordinate with the framework of the district vision, goals, and plans,
- Knowledge of and experience using formative, summative assessments, and other relevant data to monitor and report student achievement.
1. Administrative Certification/Licensure
3. Administrative experience
4. Superintendent licensure
Salary: per master contract https://www.fridleyschools.org/fs/resource-manager/view/0f3d1aed-5781-47c5-a00d-e04a33f7a780
Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), women, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Fridley Public Schools recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our academic mission. Fridley Public Schools is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
Working Conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employed is regularly required to talk, hear, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, reach for objects, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, and use hands to grasp and feel. The employed must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally being required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Application Procedure: Apply online
Attention Application Materials to: S. Ike Isaacson, Director of Human Resources