Anoka-Hennepin Virtual Academy housed at S.T.E.P.
Serving Anoka Hennepin Virtual Academy Middle School and Anoka Hennepin Virtual Academy High School – physically housed at STEP.
Teach Anoka-Hennepin curriculum in a virtual format.
Plan lessons, deliver instruction, provide feedback to students based on formative and summative assessments, report grades.
Virtual online teacher duties:
- Virtual Academy teachers will follow the regular Anoka-Hennepin school board approved teacher duty day calendar.
- Virtual Academy middle/high school teachers will work on site during all synchronous and asynchronous days.
- Virtual Academy teachers will work the teacher duty day, in-person, at an assigned Anoka-Hennepin location.
- Participate in professional development, orientation, staff meetings, and conferences on site.
- Teach the material with online video lessons.
- Lead online discussions of the course material via forums and web chat.
- Respond to student comments and questions posted online.
- Evaluate student papers, projects, tests and other assessments.
- Maintain records on student progress and grades.
- Requires School Counselor License. (Anoka-Hennepin will make every effort to hire teachers with full standard licenses in the assigned subject and grade level.)
- Have knowledge of curriculum and instructional best practices for online learning.
- Demonstrated operational knowledge of Internet and Web-related technologies.
- Experience using designated technology platforms and resources.
- Experience using google classroom.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience teaching in a virtual environment preferred
Start Date: ASAP. This position may be filled immediately by an appropriately licensed candidate (PELSB Tier 3 or Tier 4 license); or by a candidate eligible for PELSB Tier 2 license after a 15-day posting period.
All Applicants must complete the Anoka-Hennepin Schools online application at www.ahschools.us/jobs