June 14th – 25th Monday – Friday In-Person
July 12th – 23rd Monday – Friday Virtual
Anticipated Start Date: June 14, 2021
Please contact Susie Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions about hours or calendar conflicts.
Salary schedule based on Teacher’s Contract, $31.00 per hour
Benefit information can be found on the District Website under Human Resources and Benefits. Please look under Forms & Publications for specific Insurance Premiums.
MN Teaching license in the areas of: Math, Social Studies, Science, SPED, Counselor, English and varied Electives if needed
Credit Recovery teachers work within classrooms and virtual settings delivering required high school course work. Teachers must be knowledgeable of the needs and goals of students from a wide range of ability levels.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach designated curriculum assigned to student for credit recovery.
- Collaborate and Communicate with Great Rivers Adult Education – ACCESS- Staff.
- Administer and Monitor curriculum and post-tests on site and virtual.
- Track supervised Mastery Tests and student engagement.
- Communicate with parents, counselors, case managers and administrators regarding student status.
- Connect with and encourage all students to succeed.
- Check the entire course for mastery-level completion and notify LEAD to fill out the credit completion form.
- Check the entire course for mastery-level completion and fill out the credit completion form.
- Report any concerns to Site Administration and Great Rivers Team.
- Interact and work one-on-one with students during the entire credit recovery class.
- Other duties as assigned
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, LICENSE, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
- Minnesota Teaching License.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field.
- Experience teaching core subjects in multi-level classrooms.
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to perform routine computer functions, including the use of email, Microsoft Word and Google docs.
- Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
- Minnesota teaching license in 5-12 or 9-12 Social Studies, Math, English, Science or Special Education.
- Experience working with diverse students with varied educational backgrounds.
- Trained in Edmentum/PLATO web based curriculum.
- Experience working with student of varied capabilities and learning styles.
Apply online including a letter of interest and current resume
Applications submitted by 4:00 pm on March 26th, will be fully considered.
Posting will be removed from the website when the position has been filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer