HOURS: 7:55 a.m.-2:30 p.m
1.5 – 5.5 hrs/day
LOCATION: All District Swimming Pools
ANTICIPATED START DATE: ASAP
ANTICIPATED END DATE: April, 2016
Ensures the safety of students during physical education class pool usage by preventing and responding to emergencies
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Recognize and respond effectively in emergencies.
- Enforce all pool rules, policies and procedures to prevent accidents.
- Maintain constant surveillance of students in the water, on the pool deck and on the diving board.
- Perform assists or rescues as necessary.
- Be attentive and ensure the safety of all users.
- Administer first aid and/or advanced care if needed .
- Be on pool deck as students enter the pool area and remain on pool deck until all students depart.
- Activate EMS in cases of serious injury and follow up with school nurse.
- Act professionally and courteously to instructors and students.
- Report hazards or potential hazards immediately to the school custodian and Aquatic Coordinator.
- Be prepared to close a problem area of the facility, if necessary.
- Assist students with orienting themselves to the different depths of the pool.
- Remain diligent in providing a safe environment, while providing feedback to students.
- Other Duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, LICENSE, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Certifications in Lifeguard Training, CPR for the Lifeguards, AED and First Aid
- Effective communication skills with both youth and adults
- Good collaboration skills
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance
- Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions
- Previous swimming experience