Open until May 12, 2021
The Dean of Students serves as a member of the high school administrative team and assists with the daily operation of the school, specifically in the areas of attendance, behavioral, and disciplinary prevention and intervention services with an emphasis on Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS). The Dean of Students serves as the building lead for Cambridge-Isanti Online (grades 9-12) programming and scheduling and also coordinates high school testing and reporting.
Education/Certificate Requirements: Minnesota teaching license required or Master’s degree with coursework in education, teaching, administration, or related experience working in a school, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Administrative license, or working toward administrative license preferred.
Experience: 5 years of experience in the education field preferred.
Must be knowledgeable and confident to work with students at a high school level.
Thorough knowledge of the practices, methods, and techniques used in administering and supervising programs in a school; excellent written and oral communications; ability to motivate and inspire others; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school officials, parents, students, teachers, support staff and community members.
- Exemplifies the following Five Character Traits:
The mission of Cambridge-Isanti Schools, as the leader in innovative education offering unlimited options and opportunities, is to develop well-rounded individuals who excel in leadership, achieve at the highest levels and are responsible citizens, through highly effective staff addressing the unique needs of each individual in partnership with parents, students, and a unified community.
80% General Administration
- Assists the building principal in establishing a positive environment for achieving educational outcomes
- Enforces and directs student management, discipline, health, safety, and general welfare of students and staff
- Ensures that student discipline policies are followed
- Assists with support to special education staff and students
- Serve as administrative representative to team meetings as needed (IEP and Evaluation Results)
- Advocates for equal educational opportunity for all students
- Works closely with alternative based programs, student assistance programs, and curricular programs
- Assists in the development and implementation of operational guidelines in the areas of building organization, student conduct, community involvement, security of the school facility, and student transportation
- Maintains building and occupant safety and security including the coordination of safety drills in collaboration with the School Resource Officer
- Assists with the development and implementation of student attendance procedures, monitoring, student management, and conduct policies
- Interprets and supervises the implementation of district policies
- Address bus behavior referrals and maintain appropriate documentation
- Reviews Student Handbook with Administrative Team and recommends appropriate updates to the School Board on an annual basis
- Creates staff supervision schedules to ensure school safety
- Coordinates and leads Cambridge-Isanti Online for grades 9-12
- Coordinates program offerings based on student course registration
- Develops Master Schedule for Cambridge-Isanti Online (grades 9-12)
- Provides staff training in best practices of online instruction
- Coordinates High School testing and reporting
- Facilitates State and College/Career Readiness Assessments (ACT, Pre-ACT, AP, MCA, ASVAB, Accuplacer)
- Ensures completion of state-mandated reporting (DIRS, Minnesota Student Survey, etc.)
- Directs the reporting and monitoring of student attendance
- Perform record-keeping functions as the principal may direct, including entry of behavior events in the student information system, and producing and sending documentation related to behavior events as required by policy or statute
- Supervises hallways, lunchroom, and assists with the supervision of the school building during the school day and during events outside of school as assigned, such as various events and functions including dances, athletic events, and other extracurricular activities
10% Professional Development
- Participates in in-service activities relating to student attendance, behavioral expectations, mainstream, and special education programming
- Attend and provide staff training as required
Hours per day:
220 days, Competitive salary $85,000-$95,000 DOE
Benefit eligible position: medial ($900 out of pocket max for single coverage, $1500 out of pocket max for family coverage), dental, and optical insurance, supplemental insurance available through Aflac (we have the industry’s lowest rates!), long-term disability coverage, district paid life insurance policy (two times your salary!), sick days, vacation days, paid holidays, and more!