Description: Discovery Kids Teacher Assistant/Aide
- Assist the Lead and/or Assistant Teacher with all aspects of the children’s program including but not limited to:
- Play and interact with children
- Set up and clean up at start and end of day
- Work/communicate with parents
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervising teacher(s) and/or Early Learning Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator
- Arrive and be ready to assist. Help with the setup and cleanup of learning centers and activities.
- Welcome children and help get them settled when they arrive.
- Maintain a safe, positive play and learning environment that meets the physical, social, educational and social/emotional domains for children. Interact and be attentive to individual children.
- Prepare snack being sure to follow health guidelines in serving snacks, using plastic gloves when preparing and serving food.
- Assist the Teacher in keeping the classroom organized and communicate when supplies and equipment are running low or need replacing.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Always be respectful and understanding of individual styles of parenting. Always handle matters in a confidential manner.
- Experience and excellent references for helping to create a toddler or preschool classroom that fosters social emotional and academic growth.
- Organized, flexible and able to handle multiple priorities typical in a public school district, 4-star Parent Aware, NAEYC Accredited program.