8 hours per day (7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.), 12 months per year, Monday through Friday
- Assistant to the District Office staff (Business Office, Special Education, Buildings and Grounds, Food Service and Transportation departments)
- Manage all incoming phone calls for the District Office
- Manage administrative office ordering, including: office, testing, and curriculum supplies
- Responsible for purchasing, tracking of budgets, and department specific financial support
- Assist with confidential communications and personnel forms
- Reconcile leaves, substitutes, and time cards
- Communicate effectively with students, staff, parents and community members
- Assist with data entry for supported departments
- Assist staff, students and families with various needs
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years post secondary education in business/office management or related field; or 3 years successful experience in a related field
- Thorough knowledge of office equipment including, but not limited to, printer/scanner/copiers, computers and multi-line phones
- Comprehensive skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Drive (Forms, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Outstanding skills in organization and time management as well as ability to multitask
- Outstanding skills in communication, both verbal and written
- Ability to make arithmetic computation using whole numbers, fractions and decimals
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities, work independently without direct supervision and work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, use tact, discretion and judgment in all communications
- Experience working with the Minnesota Department of Education
- Knowledge of Minnesota Automated Reporting Student System (MARSS)
- Experience with Skyward or other school management systems
- Knowledge of school district practices, procedures and policies
- Knowledge of Google mail, calendar, drive and docs
- Knowledge of staff leave systems specifically Frontline Technologies Absence Management System (formerly Aesop)
Individual contract based on experience starting at $18.47 – $24.64. Note that employees new to the District will generally be compensated at the minimum of the range.
Applications accepted online at www.isd47.org/employment until filled.
Applications will be reviewed beginning September 21, 2020.
Candidates must pass a criminal background check in order to be eligible for employment.