39 hours/week | Monday – Friday | Hours vary depending on site
Starting Wage: $16.40/hr + Benefits
Temporary Position for the 2021-22 School Year
Join the Duluth Public Schools team, where we work to inspire every student to achieve their potential and prepare students to lead productive, fulfilling lives.
Duluth Public Schools is seeking an individual to assist teachers, other licensed staff, and parents with the educational and social activities, as well as the care and feeding of Head Start school age children. Assists in creating an appropriate educational environment for children
- Requires a minimum of a high school diploma or GED certificate and Child Development Associate (CDA) credential;
- Be enrolled in a CDA credential program that will be completed within two years;
- Or have an associate or baccalaureate degree (in any area) or be enrolled in a program leading to a degree (as of September 30, 2013).
- Knowledgeable in child development and parenting
- General understanding of Head Start programs and standards
- Ability to work cooperatively with children and adults
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, parents, staff and community
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to perform physical aspects of position
- Ability to observe and record accurately
- Ability to meet federal/state guidelines (where appropriate) and/or to successfully complete specified in-service courses
- CPR and First Aid Certified
In addition to rewarding career opportunities, Duluth Public Schools offers an excellent benefit package to employees who are hired into positions scheduled to work 24 hours/week or more. Benefits include, but are not limited to the following:
Medical/Prescription Drug Plan with Health Reimbursement Arrangement
- Single Coverage – District pays 100% of premium (FREE) + contributes $2,612.50 into HRA annually
- Family Coverage – District pays 75% of premium (25% employee contribution) + contributes $5, 225.00 into HRA annually
- Single Coverage – District pays 100% of Basic premium (FREE)
- Family Coverage – District pays 25% of Premium
- District provides minimum of $50,000 of life insurance at no cost, employee may purchase supplemental life insurance
Long Term Disability
- District-provided at no cost to employee
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employees may elect to contribute on a pre-tax basis to Health Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- The District contributes 7.25% of your total salary in the Public Employees Retirement Association) pension plan.
- Employees may also elect to participate in Tax-Shelter Annuity options.
- Each bargaining unit contract defines time off provisions such as holidays, sick/personal leave, vacation, etc.
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 218-336-8722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org