Qualifications: Candidate must have anAA Degree, AS Degree or 60 semester credits of post secondary education (equivalent of 2 years) or a passing score on the paraprofessional assessment test. Passing pre-employment physical. Ability & interest to provide assistance to children with special needs.
- Provides classroom assistance to students, which includes; assisting with class work and other assignments, administering tests, and tutoring students in small groups.
- Assists administrators, teachers and other staff to ensure proper behavior and safety of students.
- Works with various students to ensure learning is maximized.
- Assists students, teachers, and other staff in daily activities related to assignment
- Provide supervision.
- Operates and maintains equipment related to job assignment
Salary/Benefits: Hourly starting rate of pay is $12.70 per hour. Other benefits according to the Para Educator Working Agreement are located within the Human Resource section of the Austin Public Schools website at www.austin.k12.mn.us.
Application Procedure: Apply online at https://www.austin.k12.mn.us/Pages/hr/hr-employment.aspx