Early Childhood Special Education Teacher – Primary School
Byron Public Schools is accepting applications for a Full-time (1.0) special education position in our Early Childhood Special Education setting. Special Education teachers with licensing in the area of Early Childhood Special Education preferred, other licensing areas will be considered. This full-time position would begin with the 2021-2022 school year. Please direct questions to Janeen Eddie, Special Education Coordinator at 507-624-0355 or email@example.com
Applications are being accepted online at: http://bit.ly/byron-employment.
Position is open until filled and interviews will be set up following a review of qualified applicants.
START date: August, 2021
- Ability to determine eligibility for services and comply with all due process paperwork
- Ability to write comprehensive Individual Education Programs
- Ability to program for students with developmental delays, emotional/behavior disorders, early childhood, and autism spectrum disorders. .
- Ability to direct the work of dedicated paraprofessionals to meet the specialized needs of students
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional growth
- Demonstrate a variety of teaching approaches with students
- Demonstrate competent internal and external communication skills
- Demonstrate a growth mindset
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic attitude and willingness to work collaboratively with the special education and general education team
Common and Shared Expectations for All Staff:
Staff of Byron Public Schools are expected to support the goals, mission and vision of the district, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement and a growth mindset is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff is to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees. EEOC