Albany Area Schools — District No. 745
April 30, 2021
Early Childhood Teacher (.81 FTE) – Avon Elementary School
Under the general supervision of the School Principal and Community Education Director, to facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
- Develops and administers early childhood curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student’s needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students’ education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school’s standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other early childhood staff members to evaluate and assess curriculum, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, copy machine, and telephone.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.Knowledge of early childhood curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network systems and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in an Early Childhood classroom environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Early Childhood or related discipline applicable to teaching assignment required.
- State of Minnesota Teaching Certification in Early Childhood required.
- State of Minnesota Parent Education License preferred.
- Successful prior early childhood teaching preferred.
- This position will teach an All-Day Preschool 2 (four year old) class on Tues, Wed, Thurs & Fri – 8:00 am-3:00 pm.
- Additional scheduled work days include special events, parent-teacher conferences, staff development, Early Childhood Family Education classes (approx. 8 evening classes/year) and other days as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
Per AFT Master Agreement.
http://www.district745.org > Employment Opportunities
Please include a letter of interest, resume, and three references.
Friday, May 14, 2021