Full Time 175 days/12 months/6 hours a day
Provide cultural support for English Language Learners in Anoka-Hennepin early learning programs.
- Serve as liaison between ELL families and Anoka-Hennepin Schools early learning programs to meet the needs of ELL students and families.
- Assist early learning staff in orienting new ELL students and families to Early Childhood Family Education and Preschool programs.
- Provide on-going cultural support for ELL families in Anoka-Hennepin Schools early learning programs.
- Attend Early Learning department meetings and coordinate with Early Learning staff to address ELL barriers and challenges.
- Promote community involvement and provide access to resources for ELL families in Anoka-Hennepin Schools early learning programs.
- Provide cultural resources to meet the needs of staff, students, and district families. Connect/collaborate with Early Learning staff to develop and plan culturally-specific family engagement events, and/or parent sessions.
- Network and connect with surrounding Cultural Liaisons from nearby school districts on area resources and opportunities.
- Gather and maintain a list of cultural presenters and resources.
- Serve and participate on local committees.
- Meet and collaborate with Parent Involvement Coordinator (parent engagement), Community Schools Supervisor (classes and opportunities), and Community Education Communication Coordinator (language specific communication).
- Meet and collaborate with Student Services Department as needed.
- Provide staff development opportunities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree. Two or more years experience with English Language Learners. Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work closely with parents, staff, administration and community. Ability to maintain regular attendance, including completing an assigned day. Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds. Ability to perform position responsibilities including physical factors, work devices and materials handling, data functions, and people functions. Must be physically working in the building/on site.
Preferred Qualifications: Bilingualism or culturally based work experience is preferred.
Rate of pay: $28.73/hour and up, DOQ
Start Date: ASAP.
HOW TO APPLY:
All Applicants must complete the Anoka-Hennepin Schools online application at www.ahschools.us/jobs